A salad is an excellent way of including some much needed fiber and veggies in your diet. You can make a salad with minimum effort and maximum taste if you do it right. Today we’ll talk about a high protein salad that has vegetables and flavors that you can find in any common Indian kitchen. We’ll see how you can combine chickpeas and moong sprouts for maximum nutrition, and a delicious salad dressing with olive oil as base for lip-smacking flavor.
This recipe is a way for people to aid weight reduction and control. Many people who are strictly looking to limit their diet for maximum protein and minimum fat will find this recipe very helpful since it can fill your belly without actually making you feel bloated. We also top up this salad with diced and roasted tofu which makes it excellent for vegan diets. You can replace the tofu with paneer if you want as well.
Ideally, we are primarily looking to balance the fiber from the veggies, spice from the dressing and chilies, and the protein from chana, lentils, and tofu. You can replace the variants depending on your choice and flavor as well. You can use different type of sprouts, or meats instead of tofu or paneer. You can also mix it up with the vegetables. This particular recipe is to give you an idea on how to balance the many elements involved. So let’s get started!
For the salad dressing:
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp mixed herbs
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic paste
- ½ tsp salt
For the salad:
- 2 cups chickpeas (soaked overnight and boiled)
- 1 cup moong beans (sprouted)
- ½ onion (sliced)
- ½ cucumber (sliced)
- 5 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- ½ capsicum
- 2 chillies (chopped)
- A few salad leaves
- Handful of lettuce
For roasted tofu:
- 1 cup tofu (diced)
- ½ tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
Step 1: Salad Dressing
- In a bowl, take half a cup olive oil and add the lemon juice, pepper, salt, garlic paste, and mixed herbs to it.
- Mix it all together and combine well.
- Salad dressing is ready; keep it aside and move on to the following process!
Step 2: Roasting the Tofu
- Heat up a non-stick pan and add olive oil to it.
- Put the tofu in and stir well, making sure they all get the heat on all sides. Toss with a gentle hand since they can get broken if stirred too hard.
- Season with salt and pepper to make it flavorful. Make sure it is all coated well.
- Take it off the pan when you start seeing a crispy golden brown layer on all the pieces. Keep them aside and get started on the salad.
Step 3: The Salad
- To start the final process, take out your chopping board and start cutting the vegetables. Anjalimix Vegetable Chopper is a great alternative way to achieve the same result much less time and efficiently.
- After you have your chopped onions, cucumber, capsicum, and chillies, and halved tomatoes, it’s time to add
- Before you add the chickpeas, make sure they are prepared well. For this, take the 2 cups of chickpeas and soak them in water overnight. After this, boil them till they are done just enough so that they keep their shape.
- Now in a big bowl, take your chickpeas and vegetables, and add the prepared salad dressing. Make sure everything well combined and all the elements get the salad dressing love.
- For the next step, add the lettuce and salad leaves. Break them into smaller pieces by hand before mixing them in the bowl, else you’ll get a heap of leaves in your mouth.
- Top it all up with the crisped tofu, and toss it well. Your salad is ready! Enjoy this salad as any meal of the day or a side dish for your dinners.
Sumeet Cookware is where the best quality of Kitchenware Products are available at the most affordable prices.
Visit Sumeet Cookware online store now to purchase the best quality of Kitchenware Items at the best price. Shop now!