A ray of mild sunshine, the company of your friends and family, a few beers, and a grill burning full force, putting smiles on all these faces you love. An outdoor grill barbecue can’t possibly be replaced by anything else. It’s a kind of celebration of life, which has such a fun spirit. The delicious meat that is cooked on a proper grill is full of flavors and savory goodness that only such a gigantic setup can provide in your meat. But the grilled meats are so delicious, having them every once in a while during such get-togethers is too little. It is also unfortunate that to get the perfect grill set up for one person is too hectic, and not practical in the least. So in this blog, we’ll learn how to make delicious finger-licking grilled chicken, on your stove-top, using a grill pan!
Grilled chicken is one of those dishes which every health enthusiast knows, is one of the best and healthiest meals to consume. It’s low on carbs and calories and is rich in protein. To add on top of that, grilled chicken is also absolutely delicious. Many people on a healthy diet like to make a bulk of grilled chicken, and then save it later for salads, breakfast tacos, pasta, etc. So making grilled chicken on a grill pan in your own kitchen is a recipe that is beneficial for so many, especially for barbecue lovers. This recipe can work with grill Tawa, non-stick grill pan, and cast iron grill pan. Basically, any type of heavy-duty pan regardless of its making can be used for this recipe.
So here’s a step by step instruction on how to make this delicious delicacy in the comfort of your home without much hassle!
- 4 medium-sized chicken breasts
- 1 tsp of dried basil, cilantro, or parsley
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- ½ tsp of cumin
- ½ tsp of garlic powder
- ½ tsp of brown or granulated sugar
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- The first step is to make sure our chicken breasts are well marinated. For that to happen, mix all the dry herbs and spices, and rub them generously on both sides of all the chicken pieces. Also, don’t forget the salt and pepper seasoning.
- Now it’s time to preheat our stovetop grill for about 2-3 minutes. This is ideal for getting the surface of the grilled chicken crispy, or else if the cooking is started on an under-heated pan, the chicken isn’t crispy, and sluggish.
- After the grill pan is heated, lower the heat to medium-high, and add the olive oil, and make sure the entire cooking surface of the pan is coated with the oil.
- After the oil is at a smoking temperature, that is when we add our herb marinated chicken. The trick is to keep it stationary and cooking on the same side without moving for 5-6 minutes before you flip it and do the same on the other side.
- Let it rest in the hot pan after turning off the flame for about 5 minutes. Sprinkle it with a splash of lemon before plating it. And voila! You just made a barbecue-style grilled chicken in your kitchen on your stovetop!