When you get into the options for cookware, there are numerous, each with their sets of benefits and disadvantages. There are cast iron, copper, stainless steel, etc. They all vary when it comes to their heat conduction, non-stick abilities, weight, cleaning ease, and many more factors. But when it comes to a string reliable piece of cookware, a lot of people prefer Granite Cookware. Regardless of that, a lot of people are hesitant when it comes to buying granite cookware in India. It is because all the other options have been so orthodox selections when it comes to buying kitchen hardware, that anybody would be skeptical about the new pans that are all the rage all of a sudden.
To give a Non-Stick Granite Pan its non-stick abilities, makers use the same material that uses on other metal utensils, which is PTFE, better known as Teflon. When heated higher than 260 degrees, it emits toxic fumes which can’t be good for you or your family. This makes granite cookware equally unsafe as any other Teflon coated non-stick utensils. But it also has many advantages too! So here’s a list of why you should and shouldn’t consider buying a granite pan the next time.
- Granite pans are some of the most affordable utensils on the market. You could reinvent your utensil inventory with all granite pans on a very tight budget, and not miss out on a single thing.
- It is lighter than cast iron which is suitable for the kitchens of old ladies and people with carpal tunnel issues. This property also makes it very handy if you have to travel with kitchen equipment for any reason.
- The biggest advantage of a granite cookware set is that it is not made of metal. This means that they don’t rust! So you don’t have to worry about wiping it off every time you use it.
- One of the cons is that using a granite pan means you’ll have to use non-metal spatulas and tools because you wouldn’t want to scratch the surface of the non-stick pan. Wooden or silicone spatulas are preferred.
- Granite cookware can sometimes crack glass cooktops. So if you have one of those, refrain from buying granite cookware.
- If you don’t carefully follow instructions on the packaging, you will find that food will stick to the surface, because these granite pans have some clear rules of how to work with the non-stick surface.
- The enamel coating can start wearing off after a couple of months of heavy use. So you need to be extra careful with the pans.
Sumeet Cookware is where the best quality of Kitchenware Products are available at the most affordable prices.
We have a good collection of Cookware Sets that include Non-Stick Cookware, Appam Patra, Lunch Box, Non-Stick Dosa Tawa, Non-Stick Kadhai.
Visit Sumeet Cookware online store now to purchase the best quality of Kitchenware Items at the best price. Shop now!