Many nutrition experts will tell you how breakfast is quite possibly the most important meal of the day, and they are not wrong when they say so. Breakfast is the best time for you to stack up on some good energy for the rest of the day. But it is also the meal of the morning when we lack that said energy. In such a lethargic state, it gets a little irritating to have to cook for yourself. That is something that the packaged food industry thrives on. Breakfast cereals, ready to make oats, healthy smoothies, and the like are good, and often even healthy. But they aren’t much fun to eat! To solve this problem we are going to discuss some delicious lip-smacking treats which are easy to make, healthy, and convenient. So here are some ideas to start your morning the right way!
1. Idli/Dosa: These are some of the best and easy dishes to make at home once you have bulked up on the batter. Idli and Dosas are South Indian dishes that are quick to make once you have the rice and lentil batter ready. They are a convenient option for people who like a medium-heavy/light breakfast that energizes them for the rest of the day.
2. Grill Sandwich: Nobody is foreign to the idea of the grilled sandwich. The possibilities are endless of what you can stuff between two bread slices and put into the sandwich makers. It is a quick snack that is highly customizable depending on what kind of filling you prefer. Last night’s leftover dishes can also make for great grill sandwiches when done right!
3. Alu Paratha: This is one of the most famous North Indian breakfasts. Parathas stuffed with a potato paste make for a fulfilling and delicious breakfast. All the preparation it takes is a premade boiled potato paste and dough. It tastes best with curd or pickle at the sides.
4. Poha: For lovers of light breakfast who want easy food to make at home, flattened rice, or poha is a great option. It is healthy, tastes wonderful, and keeps you going for a solid 4 to 5 hours. Poha tastes best with a touch of lime on top with sev (a savoury light Indian snack) sprinkled over it. To make things even more interesting, have it with jalebis, and you have yourself an authentic Madhya Pradesh breakfast.
5. Pancakes: The classic American breakfast is perfect for people who are guilty of having sweet tooth. Pancakes need very few ingredients and can be whipped up in a matter of minutes. They taste best with maple or chocolate syrup on top and a generous cube of butter.