Today’s fast-moving life demands you to be as efficient with your time as much as you can. Cooking is supposed to be one of the great therapeutic activities, but it can often become laborious and bothering in modern times. Home cooks have increased since working professionals and students have started living by themselves and handling their kitchens their own way.
The kitchen can be a gigantic mess, and then rearranging everything drains you off motivation and energy. It is best to know some time-saving hacks that make your cooking process quicker so that you can spend more time enjoying the food you cooked. It is an excellent dilemma amongst home chefs. You start cooking when you’re hungry, and the better a recipe is, chances are, the more time it takes to prepare. By the time you’re done preparing the meal, exhaustion dulls down the hunger.
So let’s look at some kitchen hacks to help you through your cooking process.
Using a Slow-Cooker
A slow-cooker or pressure cooker is a very convenient tool in a modern kitchen. There are a high number of recipes you can make in a slow-cooker. You can just toss all your ingredients together in a slow-cooker and wait for when it’s time to eat. An even interesting tip is to prepare your vegetables in advance. When you do that, you save even more Time on the cooking! You can make rice dishes, gravies, soups, stocks, etc., in your slow-cooker.
Use the Wealth of Leftovers
A good tip when you’re making food is to make a lot of it. If you own a refrigerator, this is something you should always practice. If you can survive on 2 pretty heavy meals a day, this practice is ideal. This way you’ll only have to cook once a day. You can prepare ingredients in bulk, even for breakfast, which you can keep using, like dosa batter or pancake batter. A lot of food you can make lasts for even longer than a few days, which you can freeze and take out as required.
Onion is one of the most essential ingredients in an Indian kitchen. It is also, at the same time, a hassle to chop! The tears make it very difficult and a very unpleasant part of the process, so it takes time. If you peeled onions at once in advance and put them in the fridge, they lose their sting, which makes you tear up. You can also soak the onions in water or wash them to have the same effect. Alternatively, you could also get an onion chopper which makes your life very easy.
Preparing vegetables are essential and Time-consuming part of cooking. Each vegetable must be cut differently, and if you’re a perfectionist, the cuts have to be just proper and uniform. A great idea is to save effort when you have to cook and get a kick-start on the process. Here are a few tips to keep in mind.
- Your cutting board slipping is a significant annoyance when chopping. You can avoid this by placing a damp cloth underneath, and it won’t move.
- Garlic peeling is a very time-consuming process that you can chop down in half by microwaving them for about 30 seconds.
- Another hack related to peeling garlic. You must have noticed how the ultra-light garlic peels float everywhere and create a mess. You can avoid that by putting the garlic peels in water and disposing of them altogether.
- Cutting peppers makes a mess with the seeds. You can avoid this by creating a slit on the side and scooping out the seeds all at once.
- Use a food processor to chop vegetables for a salad. This gives you a lot of vegetables to make a salad out of in very little time.
Sumeet Cookware is where the best quality of Kitchenware Products are available at the most affordable prices.
Visit Sumeet Cookware online store now to purchase the best quality of Kitchenware Items at the best price. Shop now!