Everybody loves pizza. Regardless of their age, geographical location, or diet preferences, everybody loves pizza. Although it is easier to just pick up your phone and order some for yourself, you should definitely have the option of making a pizza for yourself. A self-made pizza at your home is the most fulfilling meal you'll have.
The pizza comes to us from Naples, Italy. It was an 18th century flatbread dish with tomatoes and cheese. That is the basic idea of a pizza. These days we have so many varieties that it takes people years to find what pizza is their favorite. They come with a selection of toppings, types of crust, and other options.
Today we'll discuss all the steps of making everything from scratch, including the dough and the pizza sauce. After all the ingredients and components are ready, we will set up the pizza in an oven friendly Pizza Pan and bake it till it's good!
To make the pizza dough, you need time and patience. It has to be just right. You can always alternatively get a store-bought pizza base. But if you want to have an authentic feel to it, you need to make the dough yourself. Besides, it isn't that hard!
- Take two cups of all-purpose flour and add salt and baking powder to it. Sieve the mixture once and make a well at the centre of it.
- Mix a cup of warm water with yeast and 1 tsp of sugar. Keep it aside for 10-15 minutes and wait for it to rise.
- For the next step, add a tablespoon of oil in the centre of the well you made in the flour and also add the yeast solution once it has risen. Start kneading the dough, adding water as needed.
- Once the dough is done, keep it aside for 4-5 hours. After that, knead it once more, and the dough is ready!
The pizza sauce is something you can buy from a store, but making some at home is very easy and worth the effort. So let's have a look!
- Wash and cut some fresh red tomatoes. Add them in a mixing jar and grind till they are a coarse paste or puree.
- In a pan, add a quarter of a cup of olive oil. Once it heats up, add minced or finely chopped garlic to it. Make sure to not brown and crisp the garlic.
- Add the tomato paste and stir well. Cook the tomatoes until you can see oil leaving the surface. Add salt and just a pinch of sugar to the mix.
- Top it off with some finely chopped fresh basil and dried oregano. Keep it in the fridge to cool down. You don't want to add fresh hot sauce to your bread.
- Take a nice ball of dough and roll it with your hand. If you roll it with a rolling pin, it will break and not be the same. You want to roll it to the size of the pizza pan you have available.
- Take some vegetables of your choice and sauté them in very little oil. Our choice of vegetables includes tomatoes, onions, baby corn cobs, capsicum and bell peppers. You can also add mushrooms, paneer cubes, chicken, pepperoni, salami, etc. This part of the recipe is entirely up to you! After sautéing the veggies and toppings, add a pinch of salt and pepper to them to season.
- On the rolled pizza base, add the pizza sauce and spread it around. Add pellets or shredding of mozzarella cheese on top of it. Then next, add the veggies and other toppings. The mozzarella gives the pizza the stretchy quality it's known for. For flavor, however, you can shred some processed or cheddar cheese on it.
- The next part is the easier one. Preheat the oven to 250 degree Celsius. Sprinkle or brush some olive oil around and over the pizza, and carefully add the pizza to the oven.
In 10 minutes, your pizza is ready!
Sumeet Cookware is where the best quality of Kitchenware Products are available at the most affordable prices.
Visit Sumeet Cookware online store now to purchase the best quality of Kitchenware Items at the best price. Shop now!