Making a wonderful meal for your guests is one thing, but when it comes to serving these meals, the dinnerware is where a lot of the impression lies. Dinnerware is something you need daily, for different kinds of meals and special occasions. But with so many options out there, in terms of styles, material, and customizations, it can get very confusing to select what you must buy. That is where we come into play! We’re here to help you find the right kind of dinnerware set and help you evaluate all types of options beforehand!
Types of Dinnerware
Call it what you want—dinner set, crockery, utensils, dishes, plate set, or anything else. What you put on your table must-have style and character because it can directly represent your taste in aesthetics which tells a lot about people. Some of the most common types of dinnerware include bone china, earthenware, porcelain, melamine, and stoneware. Selecting what you want can depend on the rest of your home’s aesthetics. Here’s a small brief on each type of dinnerware.
- Bone China: Usually microwave and dishwasher safe, bone china is the most durable of the china range. This type of cookware is chip-resistant and a very good option for both regular and special occasions.
- Earthenware: This kind of dinnerware gives you an alternative and authentic feeling set. The casual appeal of such material also gives it a very refreshing vibe. To keep it maintained at all times, it is important to keep such utensils away from extreme temperature changes.
- Porcelain: Porcelain dinnerware looks posh and stylish. The non-porous material has amazing durability and high-firing temperatures. This makes them safe for microwaves and dishwashers. Sometimes, porcelain dinnerware may have metallic accents, and that makes them non-friendly for microwaves.
- Melamine: Melamine dinnerware is some solid stuff. It is shatterproof and very hard to break or chip. If you have outdoor usage, this is the kind of dinnerware you need. It is not suitable to put in microwaves, however.
- Stoneware: If you are looking for something unique, stoneware is a great option. It is a deal for everyday use and is very family-friendly. Compared to earthenware, stoneware has similar aesthetics but is a little more durable. It still is very vulnerable to changes in temperatures, which means it is not safe to use in microwaves.
Here are some tips on picking the set of dinnerware according to your needs. There are several options for you to pick from. You can buy a dinnerware set get individual pieces from open stock or place settings.
- To get formal dinnerware, you can find it in place settings. It includes all the pieces you’d need, which you can buy individually according to the need of quantity. It usually includes five pieces, including a dinner plate, salad plate, bread plate, teacup, and saucer. Sometimes there are soup bowls too.
- Dinnerware sets would have many place settings, ideal for hosting more than a few people. This is recommended for people who want to have stock for hosting get-togethers and for special occasions.
- For people who want to mix and match pieces, open-stock is the way to go. Open-stock dinnerware can be bought piece by piece as needed. This is ideal for people who are looking to fulfill a set or just buy enough to host a small number of people.
- To be safe for all occasions and all events, it is recommended to have 8-12 five-piece place settings so that you have enough stock for casual and special occasions.
Sumeet Cookware is where the best quality of Kitchenware Products are available at the most affordable prices.
Visit Sumeet Cookware online store now to purchase the best quality of Kitchenware Items at the best price. Shop now!