The engine room of your home needs its gear to operate well. When it comes to cooking meals, you have to consider a lot of things while buying cookware. Pots and pans come in all kinds of shapes, sizes, and most importantly, material. Non-stick technology has been around forever now, and they are a very prominent feature of most homes these days. Everybody likes the ease of cooking and cleaning these pots.
Non-stick Pans have a layer of coating that allows food to cook without sticking to the cooking surface. This is an excellent option for making eggs and pancakes, for example. The slick coating also makes sure that you don’t have to use a lot of oil. This is an excellent benefit for health-conscious people who would prefer avoiding all the oil they can. Some great non-stick pans don’t even require oil at all!
One problem that experienced cooks have with non-stick pans is the Maillard effect or the delicious golden brown texture you get when food is about to get burnt, but not yet. This browning effect is an important dynamic to make a lot of recipes like caramelized onions. This is why a lot of people prefer traditional stainless steel utensils to cook in. Sure they require some elbow’s grease to clean, but the browning effect is definitely worth it. However, is it worth enough to prefer non-stick cookware?
The answer to that is, maybe. It all boils down to personal preferences. If you cook many cuisines where you have to sear meats and make gravies, stainless steel is what you should go for. But if you have to make many crepes, omelettes, and pancakes, go with a non-stick pan. The non-stick pan does need some precautions and cares instructions to perform well and healthily.
- Don’t put an empty pot or pan on a burner. It tends to release toxic fumes resulting from heating up the top layer of a non-stick pan.
- Always use medium to low heat since the pans are excellent conductors of heat and require very little time to be up and running. This way, you can avoid the breakdown of the chemicals that cause troubles.
- Go easy on the pan while cleaning since there is a risk of damaging the top layer of the pan. A good non-stick pan can be easily cleaned with a simple wipe of a paper towel. Also, throw away any non-stick pan that has started to chip or scratch the top layer since it is hazardous.
Non-stick cookware definitely has a world of benefits. But stainless steel is preferred by many for a good reason as well. Many people in the modern world who are just starting to set up their kitchens think about how food sticking to their stainless steel pans could be a hassle and how they should only believe in non-stick cookware. The good news for them is that if you season your stainless steel pan well, you can achieve a non-stick effect from it as well! Here’s how to do it.
- Clean the pan well before putting it on the stove on medium heat. After this, allow it to heat for a good 2-3 minutes.
- Add a tablespoon of oil of your choice. This oil will be soaked up by the porous surface of the pan and cause the non-stick effect.
- Swirl the oil around the pan and wait for it to reach the smoking point. Once the pan starts smoking up, take it off the heat and wipe it with a paper towel. Wait for it to cool down before you start using it again.
An important thing to remember with stainless steel pans is that patience is of utmost importance. When you let the cooking material sit for a while on a hot pan, it will eventually be entirely done and automatically release the crispy surface. For example, when cooking meat, leave the steak in the pan for a while before you start disturbing it; otherwise, it is at risk of tearing the top layer.
Sumeet Cookware is where the best quality of Kitchenware Products are available at the most affordable prices.
Visit Sumeet Cookware online store now to purchase the best quality of Kitchenware Items at the best price. Shop now!