Diwali, the festival of lights, is approaching, and we are all ready! Diwali is one of the most important festivals celebrated across India with much pomp and zeal. The Diwali festival signifies the victory of light over darkness, good over evil and knowledge over ignorance. It is overall a festival of lights and love that unites family and friends together.
In India, any festival means delectable dish preparations. And when it comes to one of the most widely celebrated festivals nationwide, the thrill is just heightened! Days before the commencement of Diwali, families start with their making of sweet and savoury dishes with great enthusiasm and commitment. Hence, Diwali is as much a festival of flavours as it is of lights!
Top 3 Dishes To Try This Diwali
The main ingredients for shankarpalis include maida, sugar and ghee. Shakkar para also comes in a savory flavor known as namak para which is as lip-smacking as shankarpalis. This easy shankarpali recipe is all you need to wow your family with your incredible cooking skills. Now, let’s look at the recipe.
- Take a saucepan and, on low heat, add ghee, milk and sugar
- Stir the mixture occasionally until the sugar dissolves. Let it cool
- Add maida flour, salt and vanilla in a mixing bowl
- Add the milk mixture gradually to the maida to form a soft dough. Keep it aside for 20 mins
- Divide the dough into four parts and make a round ball of each of them
- Roll each dough ball into an 8 to 10-inch circle
- Use a knife or a pizza cutter to cut 1-inch squares or diamonds out of the rolled circle
- Place the pieces on a tray for convenience
- Heat oil in a non-stick kadai and ensure the oil is hot enough
- Place the dough pieces in the oil and fry them on medium-to-low heat for 2-3 mins
- Once they turn brownish, use a slotted spoon to take them out
- Let the fried shankarpalis cool off before you enjoy them
Why Use Sumeet Nonstick Deep Kadai?
- Consumes less gas and ensures even heat distribution
- Hammertone finish coating to avoid over heating
- 4-layered non-stick coating
- Strong 3mm Glass Lid
- Sturdy Handles on either sides for convenience
Besan Ke Laddoos
Besan ke Laddoos are mouth-melting dessert balls made with besan, ghee, and sugar with a hint of aromatic cardamom, nutmeg, and saffron. Follow the steps below for the delectable besan ke Laddoos.
- Add ghee and besan to a medium-sized non-stick pan on low heat
- Stir the mixture continuously and break the lumps that form
- Stir for 10 mins
- for the flour to loosen up and become light and fluffy
- Continue stirring for another 10-15 mins until the flour turns light golden brown
- Turn off the heat, shift the besan to a bowl, and let it cool for 15 mins
- Add saffron, nutmeg, cardamom powder and pistachios to the mixture
- Add powdered sugar, mix well and massage the mixture thoroughly
- Take 2-3 tablespoons worth of dough in your hands and start shaping them to form round balls
- Store the Laddoos in an airtight container and savor the sweet at your leisure
Why Use Sumeet Cookware Non-Stick Tapper Pan?
- 3-layered non-stick coating
- Bakelite Handle that stays cool upon touch
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Ensures even distribution of heat
- Take a non-stick pan and roast your thin poha on low-medium heat for 10-15 mins
- Either use a spatula to gently stir the poha or toss the pan every 2-3 mins
- Keep the roasted poha aside and let it cool
- In a small pan, heat oil and add nuts, thin coconut slices and roasted chana dal
- Stir the mixture until it turns light golden. Take them in a bowl and reserve them for later
- Add some chillies and curry leaves in a blender and blend them until finely crushed
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan and add the crushed curry leaves and chillies
- Stir the mixture constantly until it turns slightly golden. Reserve
- In a pan, heat some oil on medium heat; add hing, sesame seeds, mustard seeds and curry leaves. Reserve
- In a mixing bowl, add the reserved nuts, chana dal, coconut slices and the fried crushed chilli and curry leaves
- Pour the tempering over the mixture and add some salt, powdered sugar and citric acid
- Mix the concoction gently, and your snack is ready. Serve with hot chai!
Why Use Sumeet Cookware Non-stick Kadhai and Pan Set?
- Attractive and Versatile cooking set
- Upto 40% low gas consumption
- Pocket-friendly choice
- Easy to use and maintain
- Even Heat Distribution
- Good Heat Retention
- 3-layered non-stick coating
Preparing special Diwali treats may sound fun and exciting, but it can be an excruciatingly daunting task, too. But that shouldn’t de-motivate you from making the most of the festive season. Take a look at our Top Diwali Dish recipes that are not only easy to make but also delectable at the same time.
Looking for top-quality stainless steel cookware to ease up your cooking experience then Sumeet Cookware is your one-stop shop!
Here, you will find a wide range of cooking essentials that cater to your specific cooking needs, ensuring a comfortable cooking experience. Elevate your cooking experience and immerse yourself in the art of cooking the right way with Sumeet Cookware!