Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It is where you gather the energy to go through the rest of your routine. Ideally, your breakfast should also be when you eat the most nutritional substance, an all-around rich meal. But if you’re trying to manage your weight and reduce it, proper breakfast becomes even more important.
Starving yourself isn’t how you reduce weight. Instead, it makes it even more challenging to do so. So let’s talk about something light, nutritious, filling, and at the same time absolutely delicious!
Yellow moong daal is a nutritional marvel which can be turned into a delicious breakfast by grinding it, mixing it with spices and vegetables and making crepes out of them. This Indian traditional breakfast recipe is called Cheela.
You can switch it up in the recipe by trying out different components to make Cheelas, like green daal, suji (Semonila), a mixture of rice and lentils (dosa batter). But when it comes to weight management, yellow daal or moong daal is the perfect ingredient to do this with.
Once you’re done preparing the daal by soaking it, this recipe is quick and fuss-free. You can prepare the batter in bulk and have it regularly for breakfast. This delicious preparation is something you will never get bored of. So read on to learn how to make this lightweight snack.
- Yellow Split Lentils
- Green Chilli
- Cumin Seeds
- Turmeric Powder
- Cooking oil
- The first step of making this recipe is to soak the lentils overnight. Once you do this, it makes them very easy to be cooked. The water makes the lentils smoother once they are ground, and they tend to mix and taste better with the other ingredients.
- Add the lentils, ginger, green chilli, garlic, cumin seeds, and water in a mixer jar and blend all of it together. It is essential to pick the ingredients you blend with the lentils carefully. This is what makes the base flavor of the entire recipe.
- Transfer the now blended paste into a bowl and add the dry spices to it. The flavors come from the ingredients in the blend, but this where they all are highlighted. These spices are turmeric powder and salt.
- For the next part, add the chopped vegetables into the mix. These veggies are tomatoes, carrots, capsicum, paneer and coriander. Alternatively, you could top these veggies on the cheela. This would give the vegetables a raw feel which is good if you like a little crunch.
- The next step is making the actual cheela. For this part, heat a Flat Pan on medium-high. Then season it to be non-stick. After that, add a few drops of oil, heat it up, and then wipe it off with tissue paper.
- Add a ladle full of the batter on the hot pan and wait till the uncooked sides start bubbling up. When it does, you can flip the cheela and cook it from the other side. When it has a golden brown surface on both sides, your cheela is done!
- Enjoy your cheela with a quick chutney, curd, or ketchup. You can have this every morning at breakfast after tea. It is even a good recovery meal after a workout.
Sumeet Cookware is where the best quality of Kitchenware Products are available at the most affordable prices.
Visit Sumeet Cookware online store now to purchase the best quality of Kitchenware Items at the best price. Shop now!